Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 7 post-op

Hi all,

It's week 7 and here is my weekly update.

I've been trying new foods while maintaining my approx. 1,000 calorie per day eating.
Although I haven't lost a lot of weight in the past couple of weeks I did just take my measurements and I have lost quite a bit there.

I'm trying to add in more Omega-3's and other stuff to enhance my concentration and memory.  I figure as long as I'm learning to eat again this would be a good time to work on some stuff.  If you have any tips on food, etc to help with this it would be much appreciated.  BTW, anyone have any experience with Ginkgo Biloba?

Later!

Michael


3 comments:

  1. I do green shakes with a tablespoon each of ground flax seed and raw wheat germ. The flax is rich in Omega 3s and a lot cheaper than trying to eat salmon every day. Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I haven't tried green shakes yet. I'll have to give those a try. Do you have any favorite recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found that super walmart sells frozen fish fillets in 1 or 2 pound bags for $5.00 Also you can get a LARGE bag of Mahi Mahi for $15 at Sams club and it is excellent fish, a more "steak like" texture like salmon but very light in flavor. Not so expensive to eat good fish this way. :) Especially when the 1 pound bag can last you a while. :) It's still cheaper than feeding the family steak even when I feed 5 of us on it. :) Plus the kids are learning to eat healthy. :) I am creating and posting recipes on my blog for vegetable ideas too.

    ReplyDelete